Friday, May 8, 2015

Song Review: My Sweet Summer - Dirty Heads

For my final review of songs for this blog, I thought "why not review my favorite song with the most ironic background"? So I will be reviewing My Sweet Summer by Dirty Heads.

This song features a story of being teased and then finding out the true story. The story, as it goes, expresses a summer with his "dream girl", until she leaves him in the dust, or, as he puts it, sand. 

This song was shown to me by an "x-friend" who know hates me... (because apparently I'm good at pissing people off). Although this song doesn't really tell a story of my life, it does apply to certain events involving my friend, that took place.. in the summer! It was none other than her (quite annoying) boyfriend who showed us the song.

For some unknown reason, I never get tired of this song. When you really listen to it, you can hear every confusing beat and sound. But what amazes me (which is hard to do) is listening to the overall song after thoroughly identifying the sounds and how everything fits together; most songs don't go that into depth on this kind of music.
Photo Courtesy of Vimeo
To go along with this song, there is also a wonderful remix from Borgeous, for that remix click.. right...... HERE! (Thanks guys)


Some of you (hopefully by now) have probably recognized this title. Well I'm here to confirm, that yes, this song was a featured song a while ago. Maybe I just have a bad obsession over this song (big surprise). Anyway, I gotta wrap up this post because I am out of words and I have a karate test for my next black belt tomorrow and I'm only telling you this because I have a certain word requirement on this post to get points. So yeah. Again, I will be posting my last post tomorrow (hopefully this goes as planned) to say goodbye. Until then, see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment