Thursday, December 11, 2014

New Chapter; Rap Music

Today I've decided that it's time to round out my blog; as promised, I would touch on all basic music genres. So, until January (ish) we will be talking about rap artists, and songs. If ya don't like rap, see you in January!

Rap music was a genre I was hooked on for a good 2-2 1/2 years before I started to really listen to all kinds of music. The artist who got me started was Eminem, Marshal Mathers, and B-Rabbit (bunny rabbit). If you're not a rap addict, then I will fill you in; all those names belong to the same person. Eminem was the first white rapper to break to barrier for white rapping. Not known for his voice or his "sick beats", he made it through music surviving on his amazing ability to rhyme AND make lines that normally would take a lot of thinking for most people. The story behind him is one that is always miscommunicated and misunderstood, but is at the same time one that would seem like a hard life to live. Well you're right, Marshal (before getting him name) started rapping with his black friend who first took him to rap battling in his younger years. After coping with the music, he began his obsession and sold his first record and everything blasted off from there. They do have a movie about his story before he began his career called 8 Mile, rated R and infested with language and adultery, I encourage you to brace yourself if you so choose to watch.

But enough about Eminem. Obviously rap has always been a more, explicit type of music and has more of an adult theme to it. I must warn you that if you get easily offended by music or certain subjects that may be mentioned, to steer clear of the song because this genre is not a light kind of music. I will most likely be posting the explicit versions (unless it is a censored music video). Hope to see you next time on the next song review!

Photo Courtesy of RollingStone New
For 8 Mile movie click here

No comments:

Post a Comment