Thursday, January 1, 2015

Song Review: Jimmy Iovine - Macklemore

First off, I'm sorry for taking so long with my next post, I was visiting California where I got 3 pairs of music design socks (insert happy face here). While I was in California I got to visit Universal Resorts Hollywood. But enough about me, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas or a fantastic Hanukah, and an amazing New Year.

Now on to the review; I generally don't obsess over Macklemore like I would with someone I truly look up to. But this rapper has already figured out where his voice and motivation in his life comes from. In the song Jimmy Iovine, he explains his expectations vs. the reality he walked into on his way to sign a record deal. The thing about most rappers these days, is they only rap about the absolute best thing in their life, but they rarely (if that) sing/rap about the unreasonable, or bogus events they go through in their everyday music life. Macklemore tells his story of how he expected a big welcome and an amazing deal when he walked into the studio offices. Although there is enthusiasm in the song, it comes from the man attempting to scam his deal. At the end of the song, he chooses to risk his pay instead of having money practically stolen from him.
When it comes to Macklemore, I have no complaints about his story or his music. His musical reputation isn't about how many people he can surround himself with, but more about his true character and stories of how the real world of music production works.
Photo Courtesy of Boston Magazines 
 



Don't forget to vote for your kind of music on the left sidebar! Thanks.

Remember: Explicit Lyrics in this Song

No comments:

Post a Comment