Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Song Review: Dollhouse - Melanie Martinez (Part 1)

Hey all! I will be doing a two part review for 2 of my favorite songs by an amazing artist. The first song I will review is called Dollhouse by Melanie Martinez. Her style of song is very calm with lyrics that go deeper than just everyday talking. Her songs are very metaphorical. The story of this song is a family based off of a dollhouse set that is perfect when looked upon but is a wreck of a group when "the little girl" leaves or turns her back.
Photo Credit to iTunes
Although this song isn't exactly relatable to my life, I still find the idea, metaphors, and expressions to be strangely addicting (maybe not to you, but hey I'M the music freak here). This song tells a story worse than I've ever heard from my friends; the brother smokes cannabis, the mother drinks, the father is a cheater, and the daughter is just a bystander (as far as the song announces). 

Photo Courtesy of Tumblr
I will be posting my second favorite song by her tomorrow! I'll give you a hint; it's called Carousel. I'll give you another hint; it's also metaphorical. Below is a video of Dollhouse, hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment